Commercial buildings have unique plumbing requirements. However, the plumbing problems that can occur aren’t as unique, and can be prevented with a bit of foreknowledge and the help of a commercial emergency plumber. In today’s post, Efficient Systems, Inc. shares the common reasons for commercial plumbing service calls.
1. Leaky faucets — A leaky faucet may sound like a minor problem, but in a multi-level commercial property, a single leaky faucet not found in time can waste thousands of gallons of water — equal to hundreds of dollars in utility bills — in a year. Water from a leaky faucet can also cause anything from annoyances like puddles on the floor to structural damage to the drywall.
2. Clogged drains and toilets — Generally, people tend to treat commercial bathrooms with less care than their own. This is why commercial property managers often have to deal with drains and toilets clogged with objects that aren’t meant to be put down them. In commercial properties that have businesses with round-the-clock operations, having a 24-hour plumber on call can save a lot of downtime.
3. Broken toilet handles — Toilets that are flushed using handles or levers can only be activated so many times before they eventually break and require replacement. Instead of getting the same type of flushing mechanisms to replace broken ones, choose motion-activated options. The lack of moving parts make them less vulnerable to breaking from repeated flushes and are more hygienic.
4. Silent leaks — Sometimes bathroom leaks can happen out of sight. They’re usually found due to less obvious signs like a sudden spike in the water bill or water that’s started causing problems in adjacent areas or the floors below, prompting emergency repairs. This is why you need to stick to regular preventive maintenance inspections performed by a commercial plumber.
5. Sewage odors — Odors from a blocked or leaking sewage line are hard to ignore and can cause a disruption during business hours. It’s best to call a plumber as soon as anyone in the building catches a whiff of it, as locating the source, let alone fixing it, can take time for someone without training.
Call Efficient Systems, Inc. for Your Plumbing & HVAC Needs
Efficient Systems, Inc. is your leading provider of HVAC and plumbing services. Give us a call at (317) 943-6546 or fill out our contact form to schedule an appointment. We serve customers in Indianapolis, IN, and surrounding communities in Indiana.